Monday, February 11, 2013

An ode to my little sis


An ode to my little sis,
You are the reason my life is filled with bliss. 
You are the funny face maker,
You are the cute clothes taker.
You are basically the bomb,
You are in love with the show dance moms.
You are the one i confide in,
You are my beloved kin.
You are the one that I hold near,
You are the one that I call dear.
You are the leader of your sports pack,
You are Stromboli, I am Applejack.
You are adored by many of your peers,
You are that kid who only wore blue for two year.
You are the one who helped me pick blackberries,
You are the one that loved the Teletubies.
You are the one thats full of joy,  
The the one I love to annoy. 
You are the reason my life is filled with bliss,
An ode to my little sis. 

7 comments:

  1. This feels like a very intimate poem directly for your sister which I love. You did a good job with the rhyme scheme too! Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem felt very genuine and personal. I liked how you actually used things that are only something you and your sister would understand. I think that you could of made it really cliche, but you didn't. You can tell its a poem that your sister would really appreciate, and you had to recall moments/things/memories that mean a lot to both of you.
    I think you should read this to her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the repeating aspect of the poem, how the last 2 lines are the same as the first 2. Also the rhyming in this poem is great

    ReplyDelete
  4. This poem is really sweet! :) You should show it to your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that the title "An ode to my little sis" is catchy, but it should not be both the starting and ending line. I think it would be more powerful if you took it out of the beginning. I would also recommend adding a little bit more flare. Besides this it is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how this poem shows how much you care and appreciate your sister, and it is a nice touch to only include the positive characteristics. It is very sweet, and you should definitely show it to her. I also really like the last line, I think that it gives a nice ending to the poem, while at the same time being simple and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the rhyming but also the truth in this poem. It seems like you really love her and it is such a sweet gesture.

    ReplyDelete