Monday, March 11, 2013

Free Write


Prompt 1: The 2007 movie the bucket list popularized the idea of putting together a list of all the things that you wanted to do before you “kick the bucket.” What would you put on your bucket list? Make the list and then write about why those things are on there and how likely you think it is that they will actually happen. 

I guess there Isn’t much on my bucket list. I want to have kids. I want to travel to at least 7 countries that I do not know of yet, I want to learn Italian, I want to go scuba diving with sharks, I want to be a foster mom. I think that all of these things are going to happen in my life. I don’t have many super out there things to put on my bucket list. I guess I have always lived my life without to much risk so it makes my bucket list kind of boring. 

Prompt 2: Write as if you were a drop of water. Describe your journey wether through oceans, rivers, mountain streams, forest creeks, house pipes, city sewers, rain storms, hurricanes, whatever...


I start as a teardrop, the clouds cry me out with a forceful anger. I fall to the earth with millions of other tears and strike the ground with force. As I fall into the sewer, darkness surrounds me and I am whisked away with the million other tear drops that now make a stream. We travel by rats, their pet bugs flying around their face and piles of dirt that has collected over the years. The stream turns into a waterfall and once again we fall. Down down down we fall. We move through the tunnels of the underground and filter into the ocean.  

Prompt 3: WHich do you think is more important for your town: A hospital or cell phone service? Pick one and make your case for it. 

This is a very hard call. On one hand you need a hospital but if no one has the ability to call for help if they are not on a landline then the hospital is not helping as many people as it is intended to help. If you have a cell phone service, you can call for help but there is no hospital to call. I would say that a hospital is more important even though there is no cell phone service, people can still call for help from landlines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment