Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Pastorals



I take in your beauty 
the world becomes quiet and still  
Laying on the dew covered grass 
I stretch out 
My arms brush the grass, 
Makes the dew jump 
like grasshoppers 
The light
warm and inviting
filters through the branches  
I tilt my chin to drink it in 
The warmth
sinks into my face 
Lost in my own world 


I watch the bubbles 
Explode as they reach the top 
Peering closer at the fish
I watch them 
Doing underwater pirouettes 
The movements
fluid and continuous 
colors morph into a rainbow 
I move from tank to tank 
The calm 
seeps into my body
Lost in my own world 

I smell the cinnamon 
Hitting my face 
As I sit in my usual spot 
I breath in 
The aroma wraps around my nose
Tickling it as it fills me
The sweet and sour 
Blend perfectly like the Yin and the Yang 
I disregard all those around me 
Lost in my own world 

No comments:

Post a Comment