Saturday, January 12, 2013

A Sea of Blue Ink

While reading this piece I could not help but wonder if this was one of the authors last entries in one of her journals. At first I was a tad bit skeptical about this author when she stated, "The point of this journal is to record parts of my life I would otherwise forget" which made me wonder, "how could you possibly think that you might forget the fact that your nephew was dead". Non the less I ended up warming up to her and ended up liking her entry much more then the previous entry we read.

I really liked how over time she came to the realization that over time her writing developed and showed evidence that she had changed and grown into a different person compared to the person who first started out writing in a journal. I also liked how she titled her work. I wish that I could flip through these pages and try to figure out where the title of each journal originated from.

I would agree that her journals did make her a better person. How could they not? In them contained past mistakes she could learn from, a way to cope with her problems, a way to accept the things she could not change, and a place to express what she really wanted from life and from others. This seems like a very helpful tool when it comes to navigating and her entry has forced me to consider keeping a journal of my own even though I have never felt much use for them before today.

No comments:

Post a Comment